Closet shelves are essential to organizing your linen and laundry supplies. If you’re starting with an empty space, consider using wood or wire shelves for storage. However, many linen closets and laundry rooms are already outfitted with built-in shelving. Use these storage tips whether you’ve added new shelving or are working with existing ones:
- Organize linens by size. Many homes have multiple bed sizes, which can make finding sheets difficult if they’re not ordered accordingly.
- Utilize additional shelves along with your built-ins. Vertical storage can help you make the most of the closet space you have.
- Use shelf dividers to separate linens if you’ve got wide, deep shelves. Shelf dividers can help you group linens by type, color, room or size.
- Try shelf dividers to separate bath towels, hand towels and wash clothes by type or color.
- Add shelf dividers to your laundry room storage area. Using dividers will help keep your supplies organized so you can spend less time on laundry and more time with your family.
- Decorate your laundry room while you get organized with stylish baskets. They’re great for storing detergent, bleach and dryer sheets without having them in view.